Thank you for logging on to my site.There’s plenty of info on this site about who I am and how I work and the wide range of issues that hypnotherapy can help with.
However, while I encounter many different issues in the consulting room, the most common things that people come to see me about are:
- Stress/anxiety: We live in stressful times, and a big proportion of clients experience problems in this area, which can lead to a host of other issues.
- Phobias: Many people have been helped to overcome their phobias thanks to hypnotherapy.
- Smoking: It is immensely satisfying to be able to help someone free themselves of a habit that is both dangerous and expensive.
- Sleeplessness: Getting quality sleep helps with so many things.
- Childbirth: Banish your fears and learn to enjoy what should be a fantastic experience.
The content of these pages is updated regularly. I’ve steered clear of jargon and the aim is to be clear and concise. Whether you’re a newcomer or regular visitor, I welcome feedback.
Hypnotherapy – the application of psychotherapy (talking therapy) using trance – can be used for a wide range of issues, including anxiety, depression and anger problems. It can help with debilitating phobias, addictions, blood pressure, blushing, lack of confidence, insomnia, IBS, relationship/marital difficulties, migraine, nail-biting, nightmares, obsessions, pain control, panic attacks, sexual problems, skin disorders, stress, trauma flashbacks and weight control. There has been an intriguing study which indicatives that it might be able to assist with issues as diverse as menopausal hot flushes.
As well as problem areas, it can assist with sports performance, motivation and exam preparation. The Health Education Authority has said, “Research shows that there is more scientific evidence for Hypnotherapy than any other Complementary Therapy… by using hypnosis, people can perform prodigious feats of will-power and self-healing”.
As a therapist I apply the latest techniques in solution-focused brief therapy, which emphasises the strengths and abilities of clients, helping you to tap into resources you may never have realised you had. This helps you to find the solutions to your situation that are the best for you.
Testimonials: In line with National Council for Hypnotherapy guidelines I am not allowed to use testimonials from past or present clients. However, a number of my clients are referred to me by their family, friends or colleagues.